Monday, July 16, 2007

Tense - In a good way?

Busy day at work today - which is awesome, it's been too slow for my taste in the past weeks... but every muscle in my back, sholders, arms and neck seem to be tense. I've tried stretching and it helps, butI don't know why I'm so tense. I never actually left the office for lunch or anything - just snacked on some healthy(ish) treats here.. and kept on working.

I'm going to be going out for a walk with a co-worker shortly and that might help, fresh air, time away from the office. Plus I'm off in a hour... so I'll get to relax a bit. (besides grocery shopping, laundry and cooking ::wink:: )

Still not sure what to do for dinner tonight. Enjoying having a clean house and being able to prepare something for my honey and I each night, but money is tight as the wedding draws near - and while we are fine, Ryan and I are finding ourselves being cautious with our spendings. Plus with a clean kitchen and time to cook - I'm having trouble finding new exciting things, it all seems new and exciting - which recipes to try?

I really want to get all my mom's signature dishes down - so perhaps I can try my hands at more of those. Sort of a morbid thing - but my mom is an amazing cook - but how sad this is - she isn't going to be around forever, I cannot depend on her to create this fantasic dishes for me forever!!! Plus not to be TOO vain but I think I've got my mom's flaire for cooking more then the rest of my siblings. Not to say they aren't great cooks, just not in the way my mom is. Does that make sense?

Any suggestion for cool recipes to try?
Could be something fun to post - some of my fav. recipes!

Well that's it for this little blog - like I said - nothin fancy! ::wink::

Thanks for readin'!

-Kela

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh... so happy with your blog!

K, Really quick recipe and quick comment (I just got back from a 5 hour river trip!) Last night I made Jason and I dinner and it was so fabulous! I got a filet of Halibut from Whole Foods, and pretty much gathered up things around the house to spice it up. I heated olive oil in a large skillet and threw in a couple of chopped garlic cloves, some grape and cherry tomatoes (from our garden, so proud!), kalamata olives (pitted), capers and a little white wine. I just cleaned the Halibut, put some salt and pepper on it and threw it in another oil heated skillet and cooked each side for about 5 minutes. Once the Halibut was done I placed it in with my "Mediterranean" sauce. When served I put fresh lemon juice and fresh basil (again from our garden!) over the fish.

I also made a yummy salad of "Herb and Baby Greens", red cabbage, green onion, aged asiago, avocado, tomato, and my special tofu (I'll save that recipe for another time!). I make my own dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. So good and healthy for you! Jason added white rice with this meal so you guys could too... so easy. All of this took less than 30 minutes, and we had plenty left over we were so full.

Kela said...

I think you are missing some key parts to this recipe ms. Laura! Not sure about the capers - those can make or break a dish... and while it sounds really complicated - I'm sure it tasted delicious!

How pricy was that dish to create?

Laura said...

The Halibut was $14.00 and the rest of the stuff I already had here at the house. And seriously it was not complicated at all. I just threw everything in the skillet and warmed. Well I put the garlic in first to brown. I kept it all on a low heat.

Kela said...

Sounds reasonable! I'll have to try it out - thanks for the recipe!