Friday, January 18, 2008

Worst Morning Ever! (My Comic Book Guy Impression)

So I debated back and forth if I should post this or not - and I decided it was just too weird not to share - so while I've recovered from its insanities... here is my story of Jan. 16th 2008 - Wednesday Morning As Experienced Through Kela's Eyes:

So first let me start with I'm PMSing and a bit hormonal anyway... then the insanity starts with the ring my mom got me years ago, its the red one I'm always wearing - most of you probably know the one I'm talking about... well I guess it got bent when i was carrying my luggage in Phoenix, AZ last week end... so on Tuesday night Ryan was trying to fix it for me... and upon getting it back in shape - he mistakenly loosened the center stone!

When I picked it up to place it in a safe place Wednesday morning, I realized the stone was just GONE! I was devastated because as much as I love my engagement/wedding ring- I ABSOLUTELY ADORE this ring my mom got, I just think its so beautiful, and unique. It wasn't super expensive, in fact it was rather inexpensive, but had serious sentimental attachment, as well as I thought it was just beautiful! So here I am 7am Wednesday morning totally saddened by that and running around feeling the carpets trying to find it... still no luck yet!

Then I accept that I have to pee and go in the bathroom as I hear the shower on - Ryan is still on the "john", and sorta snaps at me, course he said later he was just clearing his throat... so I'm all PMSy and my ring is broken and I can't pee so I get all grumpy, and Ryan is all grumpy so we are just feeding off each other...

Then he goes to work and I sit down to have some cheerios which turn out to be stale and nasty! So that's depressing - cause I have nothing else for breakfast....
Then I get on the computer and try to upload some pics for my friend Sam in France - but the computer isn't playing nice... so while its "Loading" I go take a shower.

When I get out of the shower I walk into the kitchen to get a sip of water - all is ok... then I go into the bedroom for like 2 minutes MAX and get dressed! When I return, there is a giant Sparky turd on the floor and all three animals are tearing up a GIANT bird all over the house! (ok I'm being slight over dramatic - it was a GIANT bird - but they were not really tearing it up all over the house... really more of the hallway and kitchen)

So I'm freaking out and call Ryan, cause I of course don't want to deal with it! But he wont be back for hours and I don't want them to just keep making the mess so I HAVE to deal with it!

I pick up the turd, scold Sparky... then try and get the GIANT bird... but monkey just wont let go, he's all growls and teeth trying to keep his catch... finally I give him a soft boot with my foot and be backs off... I pick the bird up and toss it in the back yard... and then proceed to pick up all the remaining bits...(I am sorry this is a graphic story - should have warned you!)

When I finally get off to work I am near to tears... First my ring and then all this gross stuff... and I'm PMSing!

So then I get to work and it's boss day (my boss comes in for a few hours once a week), and I'm all hormonal and crazy but trying to put on a good professional face for the boss... by this point Ryan has called cause he gets home and the animals have brought the bird back into the house, and Ryan has found a foot - with a tag... turns out its someones PET CHICKEN!

So then I'm super bummed... when my boss finally does ask whats up - I tell her about how my cat caught, killed and destroyed someones pet chicken all over my house... and we strangely had a good laugh!

So monkey gets lots of props for bringing down a CHICKEN! However I feel bad... I mean do I go door to door and ask if someone lost their chicken or what? I eventually opt out of that... most of my neighbors only speak Spanish, and I don't really want to tell someone my cat ate their pet chicken... (does this make me a bad person?)

To sum up still haven't found the stone for my ring... but the search continues!

By the end of the day I'd really cheered up and ended the day feeling fantastic... but wow... what an awful morning!

Hope You Enjoyed!

Much Love,
Kela

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry about your ring! That sucks! But I gotta say, there are better pets than a chicken, so...don't feel TOO badly.

That was a terrible day; glad it's over with. :)

Love
AnnieMom

Anonymous said...

El Pollo Muerto!

(The Dead Chicken in Spanish)

Damn, and I thought our little boys were hardcore killers.

~~Daws