Friday, January 11, 2008

Thoughts on 2008!

Boy do I have plans for 2008!

2007 came with some exciting events, the wedding, the honeymoon, and all those exciting events throughout those events! As happy as I am with how I experienced 2007, there are some things I really wanted to do that I just didn't get done.

For example... I still have not lost the weight I gained when I quit smoking almost 5 years ago!!! My goal is to loose about 10-15 lbs this year! Hopefully sooner rather then later. This is a goal that actually both Ryan and I are striving for. His weight not from quiting smoking, but just the typical long term relationship padding we all seem to acquire. Starting to pay more attention on what we are eating, especially the quantity of food we are consuming! Also by finding ways to get more work outs into our regular routine. I am currently in Phoenix, AZ on a business trip and for the first time, I brought a bathing suit and work out outfit, so I can use their gym facilities! :D I can't be TOO proud yet, as I haven't actually gone to the gym here... but its at least an option! :D

Next is paying off debts, and getting us into a safer home. We want a real house, with a yard for Sparky. A real laundry room, so we don't have to keep sharing with all our neighbors. Also in a neighborhood where we can go for walks after dinner safely and feel safe in our homes and lives. Currently I do not feel safe in my home, not only because I'm in a tough neighborhood, with glaring eyes on us, but because the place doesn't seem structurally sound... I have a rule within myself, that if there is a earthquake, I will try and get OUT of the apt... as it is probably safer outside... and that isn't a very comforting thought.

Next is starting the family! Hopefully within the next year (maybe a bit longer) we hope to start trying for a baby! :D My goal is to be a fairly young mom, because both my mom's, both real and in-law are young and its awesome that we get to have these adult years together, and I really hope to have that with my children as well. :D However this depends on when we get the savings started to get into a house, debts paid and a bit of savings after that... so hopefully those items will be underway shortly! :D

I am really excited about 2008!
Its a whole new year, a whole new life... I'm a married woman... and my adult life is really starting to start off!

WISH ME LUCK!
I'll keep you posted!

Much Love,
THANKS FOR READING!

Kela

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good ideas to work on!
Just don't get preggers before my wedding or else! ;) Well... I guess you're in the clear because you wouldn't be too pregnant by then. :)
Have fun in Arizona!
Oh, and P.S. Your Husband is a lifesaver!!

Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Good goals, especially moving elsewhere. Let me know if I can help in any way. (And why did Laura say your husband is a lifesaver?? Glad to hear THAT!)

Glad you are blogging again! :)

Love
AnnieMom

Todd Gilchrist said...

Kela -

Since I just recently started reading your blog, this comment is a little late for this particular post. It sounds like you have a lot of great things to look forward to this year. Best of luck to you and Ryan!

Todd