Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Zombie Kela

Hey There,

It seems like I've gone up and over a hazy mountain today. Woke up super groggy and off... so I slept in a bit and then got up - took a shower, made coffee and bagel (my morning tradition) and tried to wake up. Then I got a migraine - so I guess I wasn't just tired - it was a migraine in waiting! Got that to go away about 11-11:30am.... and have just been fuzzy since. It's girl time, so I'm icky feeling in general!

Last night I made Ryan a special meal - cause he worked a lot of OT the last two days and I wanted to give him a special night just for him. Made Pork Chops... something not only have I never made - but something niether of us had had in a long time! Nasty canned green beans (fav of ryans), and Long Grain Wild Rice. All things Ryan has been talking about missing lately. Ryan and I both ended up happy! :D

The wedding is lingering... getting crazy. Today marks 46 days til the wedding! AHH! It's super exciting and everything, but there is still so much to do, and pay for and put together... it's getting nuts! I hope to sit down with Ryan in the next few days to actually make a list of things that still need to be done, paid for, timeline... ect so we are on top of everything... then I'll bore the rest of you with the horrifying details. ;)

I was also seriously concidering posting the story of Ry and I's engagement - as Laura did, because it was so much fun to read hers! My story is a different kind of proposal - but it's SO Ryan! HA HA HA!

Leaving for Seattle on Thursday - the last of my business trips for a while (hopefully!) - its just too much stress with the costs and time away - especially with the wedding so close! I'm out a lot of money until the 25th (business expenses are paid once a month and my last trip happend a few days after the last pay period on that... so I'm a little screwed right this second... but soon it will be over and I'll get my reimbursement and all will be right again).

Went and did my first dress fitting on August 1st! I love love LOVE my dress, it makes me feel like a million dollars! I'm still too short - even though we had it hemmed 3" originally, and I got 3" heels... It's still 3-4 inches too long!!! Ahh... so hopefully we can get it all hemmed up to a good length for little ol' me! :D It was sweet and a little stressful having My mom, Ry's Mom and my best friend Melissa all there with me. Everyone wants to be helpful and part of things... but I feel like I'm leaving everyone out... or not making everyone happy.

A LOT of people seem to be talking to me like they are just waiting for me to freak out on them... so my new goal is just to try and be as mellow and calm and chill with everything I can. I don't want people to remember Ry and I'd wedding as a stressful, bitchy time... I want to be remembered as a calm, sweet bride. :) I feel like I've been fairly mellow the whole time... but obviously that isn't what is coming through in the end, so I'm going to try and take it back a notch more. :)

WISH ME LUCK!

Thanks for reading,
Kela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Braaaaaains. BRAAAAINS!

I think what you said in the last part is the truth: Just try to chill out and relax.

I can't wait for the wedding!

-Daws

Laura said...

Kela,

This is your day and Ryan's. No matter what don't forget that. YOU and Ryan have the option of doing and acting however you feel. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is nothing right or wrong about binding a beautiful relationship in front of your family and friends, the people you love, and doing it the way you most feel comfortable with. It's all about the two of you committing to each other in the way YOU want to have. You shouldn’t feel stressed about the impression you are leaving on other people, remember it’s your feelings that matter first and foremost. Oh and the feelings of that lucky husband (my brother) you will have.

And in that saying that I would love to read the story of your engagement. I know the story and it’s sweet.

Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Laura, that was so sweet!

Yeah, Kela, let's hear the story of the engagement!

Daws

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read the story of your engagement!

/sits back and waits eagerly

:)

And I don't think you've been a stress-puppy at all. You've been very calm about the wedding from everything I can see! :) Love your dress too!

~~Annie