Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Life Today.

Hey - I haven’t written in a while - well at least not on here. :D I’ve been working a bit on my "novel" - its a work in progress for sure - who knows if I’ll ever be satisfied or done with it... but its been good for me to write again. The story I’m writing is my story, the story of myself from a more insecure time in my life - its strange how something like this can leave you feeling empowered, and yet so vulnerable you don’t know what to do or say. For the most part I feel I’ve changed a lot since those old days of Teenage Angst to the Extreme and have become quite comfortable within my skin, and mind. Other times - I’m less convinced... but the more I realize this - the more I’m almost relieved! Part of who I am is this old girl - I don’t want to loose her, I want to embrace her and learn from her mistakes...

With all that said - my life is an interesting array of miss-match pieces - sorta like a puzzle - with most of the edge done... you can see where its going... but it doesn’t all make sense how all these little pieces are going to come together and work out to that beautiful picture on the box.

My job is good - and I’m thankful for it because of how terrible the job market is these days, however - my heart isn’t in it.. and I’m growing tired of faking it. I’m just going to keep going forward and pushing myself, I cannot deny that I have a great set up. Independence, good pay, benefits, a consistent challenge, great co-workers... but there are definitely some downsides.

Ryan is unemployed again - however he’s getting to take the time to really decide what he wants to do for the rest of his life, and its exciting to be part of this first step of the rest of our lives with him. He is still super baby minded - which just makes me laugh - yeah buddie - we are going to get pregnant while you are unemployed and we are still stuck in the ghetto! HA! What am I on "Cops"?

On the topic of moving out of our ghetto Apt. - the new plan which has been "the plan" before - is to share a 3 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood with Ryan’s buddy Josh. Which I think could be a great solution for all of us - if Ryan and I don’t scare him off. Last night I realized we are the bickering couple that makes people uncomfortable... so I mentioned this to Ryan this morning that if we need to talk about something - we should go in the other room if Josh in here... and Ryan agrees he needs to tone down his hostility when dealing with computers and other malfunctioning electronic deals... which is usually the cause of us bickering.

In other news - my sister Kara from PA (she’s the oldest on my dads side - his first daughter) came to town and it was great to see her - for the 2nd time ever, the last time was like 6+ years ago! She is too cute. My other two sisters, Nicki and Angela have been playing tennis, basketball and running every Sunday for the past few Sundays and plan on keeping it up, that mixed with my Yoga on Tuesday’s - I’m really starting to feel my body reacting positively! It’s a good thing. :D

Last - I am having a strange friend situation - since the wedding - most of my friends have sorta been MIA - I’ve seen Lily 3-4 times since then - the most of any of them - and she lives the most far away! Besides my awesome cousin Rachel, but I don’t expect to see her often - she lives all far away! Its funny though, but with them being gone I’ve found myself more inclined to spend time with other people I may not spend that much time with, the girls from work, family... the girls from work have proven to be quite a lot of fun, and a fun new support system I am enjoying to have around.

Not sure what all this means - just wanted to write and share my thoughts.
Hope you enjoyed!

Much Love,
Kela

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think I've said this before, but by the time I was in my mid-twenties or late-twenties or so, I was no longer friends with any of the girls I was friends with in high school or right after high school. It wasn't that anyone tried to *not* be friends, we just sort of grew apart. They had school or relationships or had moved or whatever and I was married and settled.

I ended up becoming friends with other women I had more in common with. So let the flow take you wherever and don't worry about it. That's what Life's about! :)

Good luck on the book and keep plugging away! I'm glad you are writing again; I know Daws will be happy too. :)